Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Challenge

I know this week’s post is late, and I’m sorry. I’ve been busy. This is why:

A few days ago, I (and the rest of my office) received the following urgent message from our CEO:


In case anyone missed the important part, here it is again:


I am aware that my boss composed this message to be festive and cute. At the same time, a person presented with an offer like this would be crazy to refuse it. Or at least that person would not be me.

After a trip to Hobby Lobby and a few hours with the hot glue gun, I was able to show up on Tuesday as follows:


(TIP: If you get hot glue on your glasses, get used to having it there. It is now an immovable structural component.)

As it turned out, while my coworkers seemed pleased with the outfit, no one was surprised. A couple of them had been taking bets, not on whether I would dress like a turkey, but on which day. Apparently I'm becoming predictable.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry I missed this! You are not predictable, you are festive and always game to keep moral high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should dress like a turkey for thanksgiving from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis